Monday, September 15, 2008

What Makes Me Happy Is A Kids' Key To Success!

I was recently asked at a new networking site, "What makes me happy?"...



Here was my answer...

My daughter and I were talking last night at bed time (she is 4)...


Me: "Emmy are you proud of your self? I am really proud of you."


Emmy: "Yes, but why do you ask me this all the time?"


Me: "Becasue it is important that you are proud of yourself."


Emmy: "Why is it important?"


Me: "Because, God made you and you are really special. The best way to say thank you to God is to let your brilliance out and show it to the world. So, you can do lots of kind things for others. Doing kind things for others makes us really happy. And I want you to be happy."


Emmy: "Oh"


Me: "That is why it is important for you to be proud of your self...does that make sense?"


Emmy: "Yes, I like doing kind things, like God. I love you mommy."


Me: " I love you to buttercup!" Talks like that make me really happy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post Jen. I think I will borrow this concept for a bedtime chat with my girls.