Monday, September 8, 2008

Starting School Is A Kids' Key To Success


How many of you have sent your child off to school for the first time (new school, college, etc.)?

Can you see my hand stretched way up high?

And I have been a wreck! Not because my first born isn't ready, is scared, or doesn't want to go but just the opposite...she can't wait to go! I am morning the loss of my babe!

I have been told if she is excited, I did my job right but I can't help feeling a loss for her baby/toddler years. They are gone...


I know I need to buck up and look to the future because it holds some pretty awesome times and experiences, too. I also know, I did the best I could raising her thus far, and it seems good enough.


sigh...wipe...sigh....go get 'em!

What I hope She Learns In Kindergarten?
1. To Treat others as she would want to be treated;

2. Stick up for the kid(s) who is being picked on or ask for help and stand up for herself if she is being picked on;

3. Not to pick her nose or wedgie in public!

4. Learning to read would be good too!

What I Learned:
1. She can do more than I give her credit for;

2. She has a gift of bringing joy and love to others just for being her; and

3. I have done a pretty good job so far! (Don't pick your nose or bottom in public, Em!!)

No comments: