Friday, September 5, 2008

Long Acres Farm Is A Kids' Key


Do You Have A Place Like This Nearby? If You Don't, You Should!

Wow, so much fun! How many Parents can say after an outing for the kids can say, "I don't want to go, when can we come back?"

We had so much fun enriching the kid's minds and growing their confidence as they directed us in the huge corn maze! Did you know a four and two year know which way to go to successfully complete a maze? Fellow maze-goers took hours to find their way out. We did it in 53 minutes! (It must be because they are closer to the ground!)

We had a little help from the "coach" a-top the scafolding tower that ran the course but for the most part the kids directed the show.

The park also had things like goats to feed and pet, a gem stone/fossil panning operation (we found two shark's teeth and some gems and fossils), huge hill-side slide, tennis ball sling-shots, water pump races, a huge sand pit, pillow jump, peddle go-carts, climbing wall, "go-green" trivia, wonderful tasty treats, and so much more!!




What I Hoped My Kids Learned:

1. They can do anything they put their mind to;

2. Having fun and making memories with our family is treasured; and

3. I respect their individuality.



What I Learned:

1. My kids can do more than I think;

2. They are so much fun to be around; and

3. Bring extra clothes for mishaps (tinkling in a corn maze for a 4 yo can be tough!).

1 comment:

Stockpiling Mom said...

What a fun day!!!!!!! I love trips to the farm!

Melissa